Monday, November 17, 2008

Mount Hope Church Invaded During Worship Services



[Michigan - During worship services on Sunday, Nov. 9, 2008, gay rights activists invaded Mount Hope Church in Delta Township. Activists interrupted services by standing up, throwing leaflets, and chanting slogans like "It's okay to be gay." Two women kissed each other before scattering more leaflets and running out the door, leaving behind a chapel full of stunned parishioners.]

Come on! Seriously? I am almost finding it in my so-called "bigoted" and "hate-filled" Christian heart to be embarrassed for these people. Almost. However, since the people of California voted Yes on 8, and since the "opposition" has taken that result and thrown a massive, teenage-reminiscent hissy fit aimed at anyone who took part in supporting Prop 8, I'll just say thanks, instead. Thanks to the gay activists who are helping to shoot the No on 8 campaign (or whatever is left of it in the shattered and unorganized wake of failure) in the foot. Thank you. Thanks for showing your true colors. Now I know what the "rainbow" flag really stands for:

Red = Ranting and Raving, Ruthless Rioters
Orange = Over-the-top Opposition Oppressors
Yellow = Yes on 8 "H8ters"
Green = Gay-or-the-highway Guerrilla Tactics
Blue = Bigots Bent on Boycotting
Indigo = Intimidating, Infiltrating, Intolerant Individuals
Violet = Violent, Vindictive, Virulent, Vitriolic, Volatile Vandals

(I know, I know - overboard. They're just making it too easy, for Pete's sake!)

Not a great track record so far, folks. Honestly, I would like to know how anyone thinks that a culture capable of producing this kind of reaction to the loss of a word, is something children should be learning to accept and embrace. Anyone? Anyone? And if anyone doubts that total acceptance of their lifestyle is the homosexual community's ultimate goal, beginning with the indoctrination of children, then just read this quote from a commenter I was debating with on a friend's blog:

["Yes, your child’s teacher ought to be teaching your child that it’s okay to be gay, it’s okay to have gay parents, because if you won’t, if you want your child to grow up thinking that it’s not okay to be gay, or that it’s not okay for their best friend to be gay - or to have gay parents - then someone must."]

Say what?! Come again? You're suggesting that I'm not fit to guide my child's moral upbringing just because I don't agree with homosexuality?! And you even have the audacity to presume that you, in all your open-minded, equal rights confusion, have the moral high ground. Wow. The intolerance of tolerance. It is a real thing, people. And just for the sake of clarification, I do not think it is wrong to be gay; I think it is wrong to act on those feelings and attractions. Our Church has many celibate gay members for whom I have deep respect and admiration. This difference between feeling attractions and acting on those feelings is a fine distinction that I don't trust a public school teacher to be adequately prepared to teach (or to want to teach, for that matter). I want exclusive rights to that conversation with my child and voting Yes on Prop 8 assured me that, at least for the time being, my child wouldn't be taught about homosexuality under the guise of equal marriage education.

0 comments: